Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Department of Self-Promotion
My NFC East preview package is now online at nfl.com. The frustrating thing about doing these is that events can always render considered prognostication almost immediately obsolete: if Eli Manning's elbow is really damaged, the Giants are probably closer to 5-11 than the 8-8 I foresee for them. Hopefully the football gods won't conspire to make me look like a total idiot.

If you don't feel like reading through, here's my predicted order of finish: Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins. Assuming Manning's okay, Cowboys/Giants might actually be a tossup: Dallas could struggle switching to the 3-4 defense, and I think Drew Bledsoe will get to know the Texas Stadium sod more intimately than he'd probably like.

Hopefully I'll be writing a few more columns for nfl.com over the course of the football season. I'm obviously going to need something to keep my attention through the pending Battlestar Galactica hiatus.

For the more serious-minded, here's a link to the Mayoral Policybook the Center for an Urban Future put together in partnership with the Center for NYC Affairs at The New School and Regional Plan Association. I edited this, and wrote chunks of the Intro and workforce development sections. It's pretty hefty stuff, and hopefully will offer some substance in a mayoral campaign that, like the quintessentially New York show "Seinfeld," so far seems to be largely about nothing.

No comments: